Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I found an interesting situation tonight. I use a MacBook Air when I am traveling (smaller, lighter, easier). I arrived at a conference in a large hotel where they don't have an easy wireless connection, just wired, and an Air has no ethernet port. I find this interesting in that I just expected that I would have wireless access and have no other way to connect to the internet than by walking the streets around the hotel with my Air on and trying to locate a wireless connection. So obviously I found a connection but isn't it interesting that I have already gotten to assume I would have access easily. Things they are a changin'. The hotel tells me that they are in the midst of major room renovations and that a wireless system is included. So, maybe next time I'm here it won't matter......

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's time to get wireless broadband access:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobilebroadband/?page=plans&lid=//global//plans//mobile+broadband+plan

    Interesting, I can't insert a hyperlink, that would be useful on a blog concerning technology. I wonder why that's not available, or how long it will be until it is. Down right archaic.

    ReplyDelete